Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Physician
Experience:  Well experienced in Pediatric & Neonatology deptt.
6740150

Been watching my granddaughter, age 2, couple days. She's

Customer Question

Been watching my granddaughter, age 2, for a couple days. She's been eating fine, but today she had a late breakfast of oatmeal. Also, later a part of a small banana, strawberries and some small carrots plus her normal milk.
I put her down for a nap, went to the living room, less than 5 minutes she was crying. Went to see her and she was vomiting all over. It looked like spoiled milk. I thought maybe the milk was turning but when I checked it out, it seemed to be ok.
She ate a spoonful of rice and drank some Pedialite, but has vomited 3 more times. She drank a bunch of water, but can't seem to keep it down, When she vomited this last time, it was like water with some milk.
What can I do? Helen Austin
Category: Pediatrics
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 5 months ago.

Myself Dr Josh- A Board Certified Physician and I’m happy to help with your question today.

It is possible that she may have developed viral stomach flu, which has caused such symptoms.

Usually such symptoms are self limiting in nature.

You should keep an eye on her. if she develops, any of these symptoms with severe dehydration like-

sunken eyes, cold, splotchy hands and feet, excessive sleepiness, fussiness, or lightheadedness, dizziness, or delirium, then she should be immediately rushed to ER.

If she is vomiting green color substance ( bile), then take her to ER.

If she is becoming dehydrated, like- including decreased urination, dry lips and mouth, crying without tears, lethargy, and dark yellow urine, then taken her to ER.

You can give her clear fluid in small, frequent doses (every 5 minutes) by spoon or bottle.

You can give her oral rehydration solutions, such as Pedialyte, Ricelyte, or Kao Lectrolyte.

Usually Over-the-counter medicines to treat nausea, vomiting are not recommended for babies and children

Please keep an eye on her, and keep her hydrated.

Her symptoms, would soon get resolve with such measures.

If you have any further question then you can ask me.

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get after positive feedback.
Bonus is highly appreciated.
We are here to help you until you satisfy.
Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh