Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Physician
Experience:  Well experienced in Pediatric & Neonatology deptt.

My son is 14 he has a small pea size lump in s armpit. He

Customer Question

Hi my son is 14 he has a small pea size lump in his armpit. He had surgery a few years back for extra bone growth/ bone tumor on same arm. He has new bone growth on back his skull but xrays said it ok. But this is not same it feels hard but no pain. Should i be worried?
Category: Pediatrics
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 3 months ago.

Myself Dr Josh- A Board Certified Physician and I’m happy to help with your question today.

Well, Such pea size lump in his armpit could be- Epidermoid Cyst.

They grow slowly and don't usually cause any problems. He may want to remove it if it doesn't look good, or if it's painful, infected or ruptured.

Such cyst are round lumps and can be felt just beneath the skin surface. They are very common. Usually they are small of the pea size but sometimes they slowly get bigger over many months to become a few centimeters in diameter. No need to worry for that.

Regarding bony growth on skull could be related with collection of fibrous tissue with core bony material attached to his skull. One more possibility is sebaceous or epidermal cyst.

To be honest, I would not be worried for any serious issue.

This can be left alone.

For peace of mind, you can get a clinical examination done by doctor.

Hope this helped

If you have any further question then you can ask me.

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get after positive feedback.
Bonus is highly appreciated.
We are here to help you until you satisfy.
Thank you.

Kind Regards

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
His bone tumor was called Osteochondroma
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 3 months ago.

Well, An osteochondroma is a benign (noncancerous) tumor and it usually develops during childhood or adolescence.

And in most cases of osteochondroma, no treatment is required other than regular monitoring of the tumor to identify any changes or complications

An x-ray would show the bony growth of an osteochondroma.

As, skull x-ray has already been done, so i would not panic for any serious issue. Yes, such lump, is felt as hard and without pain.

It is not indicative of any serious issue. No need to worry.

Hope this helped

Please use the REPLY BUTTON to reply back to me

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.

Thank you.

Kind Regards