dr abid
dr abid, Board Certified Pediatrician
Experience:  I have ten years of experience to handle patients in different fields of Medicine including Pediatrics.

My niece has an infected adenoid. Adenoid removal and

Customer Question

My niece has an infected adenoid. Adenoid removal and suction of a liquid in the ear was recommended by a doctor. It is said that there is a normal surgery and a laser surgery. I would like to enquire about the advantages and disadvantages of the different methods of this operation. We are also concerned about the suction bit and we would ask whether it will affect the hearing.
Category: Pediatrics
Expert:  dr abid replied 4 months ago.

Hi there ...

Thank you for the question ...

First thing suction will not effect hearing but help to manage issue effectively .

As far as surgery is concerned , normal surgery is the procedure in which manual removal of adenoids is carried out and recovery time is little longer , Laser surgery has rapid recovery and Adenoids are removed through Camera based procedure and recovery is also early , both procedure has almost same successful rate .

So proceed for procedure and continue general management like suction .

Regards ***** ***** luck .

Please rate my answer as good service .

Thanks .