Dr. Su S.
Dr. Su S., Pediatrician
Experience:  20 years of experience in treating children.
9324755

My 5 year old son has been sleeping hour. No major activity

Customer Question

My 5 year old son has been sleeping for an hour. No major activity in the last few hours and he fell asleep as he normally does every nite. I just went to check on him and his sheets, covers and entire body was covered in beads of sweat. His temp taken by a thermometer in the ear ranges from 95.6 to 96.5. He woke to me asking questions if he was hot or cold, and he said he was really hot and asked for me to make him colder.
Category: Pediatrics
Expert:  Dr. Su S. replied 6 months ago.

Greetings,

Thank you for your question. I am Dr. Su S. and I will try my best to help you.I am sorry for his symptoms.There can be a rise of temperature initially due to a viral infection.Our body try to reduce the temperature by its own defense mechanism.There was profuse sweating which reduced the temperature.If he does not sweat now, keep the fan off.You can give him warm drinks.Cover him with light dress. Temperature will rise slowly.Temperature below 95 is an emergency.If the temperature goes down, you should take him to ER.I hope this information will be helpful.If you have any query, please feel free to ask.If you are happy with my answer please click on the Excellent/Good rating. Wish his healthy life.Regards.