Dr. Su S.
Dr. Su S., Pediatrician
Experience:  20 years of experience in treating children.
9324755

My 2 year old grandson was just diagnosed with Coxsackie

Customer Question

My 2 year old grandson was just diagnosed with Coxsackie virus, how serious is it and are there any long term effects?
Category: Pediatrics
Expert:  Dr. Su S. replied 6 months ago.
Greetings,Thank you for your question. I am Dr. Su S. and I will try my best to help you.I am sorry for his symptoms.What were his symptoms?How is he now?Since when is he having the symptoms?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I'm not sure. He' s usually always upbeat but he was unusually testy. When taken to urge care that was the sequence of events and DX
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I just wanted to know if there was any long term effects. I work for Drs but had not heard of Coxsackie virus
Thank you for the input.Coxsackie virus infection is usually not serous.It can cause fever, rash.It usually resolves in a week.The disease is often mild.You need not to worry.Rarely, meningitis can occur.If he develops high fever, neck rigidity, he would need an examination again.I hope this information will be helpful.If you have any query, please feel free to ask.If you are happy with my answer please click on the Excellent/Good rating. Wish his healthy life.Regards.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
thank you... I will definitely make sure that my son and daughter in law look for any of the symptoms you described. I pray he will not get any worse. Thanks again
You are always welcome.Complication is rare.Infection often resolves by itself.Wish him healthy life and early recovery.Warm Regards.