Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

My granddaughter but of a tiny piece of a plastic fork tine.

Customer Question

My granddaughter but of a tiny piece of a plastic fork tine. She seems fine. She's 18 months old. Will it pass through?
Category: Pediatrics
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist. I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.That is not likely a sharp object.Hence she should be fine.That should pass through the intestine in a day or two.Still, a clinical evaluation is recommended by her doctor even without any symptoms.Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable and authentic answers!This is the link to my profile:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/