DrThomasMD, Board certified general medicine
Experience:  Treat babies to elderly with medical and integrative therapies; all situations; innovative treatment

I am am a registered nurse. My grandbaby girl grabs at the

Customer Question

I am am a registered nurse. My grandbaby girl grabs at the back of her head all the time and cries out in pain, she is 4 months old and everyone keeps thinking (including the pediatricians) that she has colic. She grabs the back of her head and screams. I think something else. She is miserable grabbing the back of her head. She has a Tagital line to the left of her occipital nearer the left ear. Help please. She has been crying since birth like this. I need answers. Thank you for your time
Grandma Cathy r.n.
Category: Pediatrics
Expert:  DrThomasMD replied 5 months ago.
HelloChiari malformation is possible.Problem in the cervical spine is possible.Take the baby to a doctor of osteopathy [DO] that does osteopathic manipulation.A list is They will be able to see if there is something they can gently fix on the spot, or if she needs a scan. OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here