Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali, Intensivist
Experience:  MBBS, MD, MCCM.Currently working in Critical Care Medicine with 10 year experience in Medicine
22950887

I left my bottle of 2mg Kolonpin (Clonazapam) on my nightstand,

Customer Question

Hi! I left my bottle of 2mg Kolonpin (Clonazapam) on my nightstand, and went to the bathoom. I heard her playing with the bottle and yelled at her to stop which she did and I didn't hear anything else. When I got out of the bathroom she was on my bed with the pills all around her playing in them she had one in her hand and one in her mouth. The one and her mouth was actually two pills that she had sucked on and they had mushed together and the one in her hand looks like one she had sucked on for a bit and then spit out. I counted all my pills and I think I have them all but I cannot be 100% sure. This was about 30 minutes ago she seems fine, her eyes are red like shes tired, but it is around her nap time. One second she wants to get up and play with her 4 yr old brother, but at the same time she still just wants to cuddle up and breastfeed with me. So my question is is she okay? Should I take her to the emergency room? Should I give her some medicine to make you throw up? I'm just at a loss so any help you can give me I would really appreciate. Thank you so much for your time!
Category: Pediatrics
Expert:  Dr. Muneeb Ali replied 6 months ago.
Hi Whitney, Im sorry to hear about your predicament. Considering that you are not absolutely sure that you have all the pills and that she did ingest two of the pills and they were in a semi dissolved state when you took them out of her mouth, it is possible that she absorbed some of the klonopin into her system. Although it is possible that she will be fine and you got to her in time, i would STILL suggest that you do take her to the ER to get evaluated. It is ALWAYS better to be safe in situations like these because if she did ingest some of klonopin then it could be dangerous. Do NOT give her any medicine to make her throw up, because that could cause her to aspirate the stomach contents when she is throwing up. It is better to have her evaluated by a doctor at the ER. So i would suggest that you take her to the ER to be safe and get a complete medical evaluation. Also at the same time wach out for symptoms like excessive drowsiness, slowing of her breathing, altered conscious state etc. Do you have any more questions?If you are satisfied, Please leave a POSITIVE rating by clicking on the stars below, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating.