Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
48069651

What is the size opening of a 5 year old girls vagina. My step

Customer Question

What is the size opening of a 5 year old girls vagina. My step daughter size is bigger than the size of a quarter. She's always raw and red too. Is this normal?
Please help
Category: Pediatrics
Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 6 months ago.
Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with premium services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.The size varies but, of course, the redness and raw areas are not normal.So. What should you do?1. If you think someone could be sexually assaulting her or touching her inappropriately you should call the police right away and let them -- as the experts -- decide if there is anything to worry about about along these lines. This is NOT something you should deal with on your own. Err on the side of reporting..2. If you are not worried about #1 then get her into see the pediatrician tomorrow.Does this make sense to you?It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me. Dr. Rick MD FACS