Dr. Su S.
Dr. Su S., Pediatrician
Experience:  20 years of experience in treating children.

I have a 8 day old newborn who has thick, bubbly, stringy

Customer Question

I have a 8 day old newborn who has thick, bubbly, stringy saliva. The saliva sounds like it is building up and becoming rattly when she breaths. She is breastfed, and eats well. No fever or runny nose, but she does have to clogged ducts in her eyes. Her sister has a runny nose currently so I'm worried that baby is developing a cold that will turn into RSV.
Category: Pediatrics
Expert:  Dr. Su S. replied 5 months ago.
Greetings,Thank you for your question. I am Dr. Su S. and I will try my best to help you.I am sorry for her symptoms.As she does not have fever, no difficulty in breathing & taking feeds well, there may not be an infection but you need to watch.You need to take some precautions.Please avoid contact of baby with her sister.You need to wash hands after caring her sister.If she develops fever, cough, refusal to feed, she will need an examination by doctor.If you feel her nose is congested, you can use nasal saline drop.I hope this information will be helpful.If you have any query, please feel free to ask.If you are happy with my answer please click on the Excellent/Good rating. Wish her healthy life.Regards.