Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.

My 9 yr old son has very painful looking black raised spot

Customer Question

My 9 yr old son has very painful looking black raised spot ( looks like a scab) on his testicle. I am so nervous bc it's so painful. There is no swelling
Category: Pediatrics
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 5 months ago.
Hello from JustAnswer.Could you attach a picture of the spot?How long has this been present?
I had asked for a picture of this spot and have not heard back. If it looks like a scab, it is most likely a scab, and in a nine year old, it would most likely be some local minor trauma that may have gotten worse because of scratching or picking at the wound. It could have started as a bug bite or a minor cut or scratch that has worsened over time. If this is the cause, then the management would be regular cleaning and it may require bandaging to keep him from any further scratching or picking. If you can attach a picture, then I can make a better statement of what is the most likely cause.