Dr. Su S.
Dr. Su S., Pediatrician
Experience:  20 years of experience in treating children.
9324755

My 2 yr old is up to date on all vaccines, but the Mmr and

Customer Question

My 2 yr old is up to date on all vaccines, but the Mmr and chicken pox. 2 months ago at her 2 yr check up she had the hep a vaccine and gearing up for school I was going to have her get the Mmr 2 months after her hep A and then 2 months after that the chicken pox vaccines. Does this sounds ok? Why do the live vaccines need to be given together or at least 30 days separated?
Category: Pediatrics
Expert:  Dr. Su S. replied 6 months ago.
Greetings,Thank you for your question. I am Dr. Su S. and I will try my best to help you.When a live vaccine is given, body develops immunity.To have an optimum immunity, it can need 3-4 weeks.During this time, if another live vaccine is administered there can be interference with development of immunity.So at least 4 weeks interval is advised.2 months gap is OK, you can go ahead with your plan.I hope this information will be helpful.If you have any query, please feel free to ask.If you are happy with my answer please click on the Excellent/Good rating. Wish her healthy life.Regards.