Dr. Su S.
Dr. Su S., Pediatrician
Experience:  20 years of experience in treating children.

My little girl is 6 weeks old and is always vomitting after

Customer Question

My little girl is 6 weeks old and is always vomitting after a feeding. Appears to have a lot of discomfort when n while being burbed, passing gass (alit of straining even to poo) crying spells, gasping for air at times almost like she is choking. We have been to drs. N currently waitjng for a pediatrician. We have switched up her formula many times with the sane results. I should mention she is bottle fed as I'm not producing enough milk to feed her :(
Running out of options in terms of feeding her.
Category: Pediatrics
Expert:  Dr. Su S. replied 5 months ago.
Greetings,Thank you for your question. I am Dr. Su S. and I will try my best to help you.How much of the feed does come out?How is her weight gain?How is bowel movement?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Almost all of what is given comes out, she is gaining, with the amount of feedings she takes. As she wants to eat after each vomit. Which appears to calm her. A small bowel movement once every 24 hrs
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I should also mention she is on prevacid for reflux. We also been to a lactation consultant for feedings issues
What was the opinion of lactation expert?Since when is she having the symptom?How much does she take in each feed? How frequently are you giving the feeding?Is the vomiting projectile?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
LC thinks she is fed to much, all symptoms appeared shortly after birth.feeding aprox every hour, vomit is projectile 40% of the time
How much does she take in each feed?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
On a good day 3 to 4oz
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
On several occasions when I took her to emerge, I was told I wasnt "motherly" to my daughter and that I should her.
Thank you for the input.The amount of feed is ok for her age.But you may try to increase the gap between the feedings.You can give 2-3 hourly feeding.Reflux can be an issue.She is getting medicine for that.However, she needs an evaluation by pediatrician too.An examination in person will help.I feel you need not to worry much till she is gaining weight & having normal bowel movement & urine output.I hope this information will be helpful.If you have any query, please feel free to ask.If you are happy with my answer please click on the Excellent/Good rating. Wish her healthy life.Regards.