Dr. Yogindra Vasavada
Dr. Yogindra Vasavada, Pediatrician
Experience:  M.D.(ped) passed at first attempt, in practice continuously for last 37 years. Certi. in Comp
16481530

I am lactose intolerant. It seems like when I eat a

Customer Question

I am lactose intolerant. It seems like when I eat a hard-boiled egg I get Gassee hey hours later. Is it possible that I am somehow allergic to eggs?
Category: Pediatrics
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
A few hours later. Gassy.
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 7 months ago.
Hello, Well, I would make clear that Eggs do not contain lactose, So if one has been diagnosed with lactose intolerance, then he or she can eat eggs as long as they don’t add any milk.I understand that there is excess formation of gas, after eating boiled egg, This is is due to reason- Egg intolerance.In this condition, body is unable to properly digest or has an adverse reaction to certain components of an egg, and is called egg intolerance. If you don’t produce the proper enzyme to digest the proteins found in an egg, the proteins from the egg go undigested and remain in your gut. Once the proteins enter the colon, bacteria forms around them, which causes the most common egg intolerance symptoms.Some of the common symptoms are-excessive gas, bloating, stomach cramping, pain, diarrhea, nausea and vomiting.One may not have any all symptoms like diarrhea, vomiting.The severity of the symptoms can depend on how intolerant you are to the egg proteins. So, you should avoid eggs and food that contain them. You should Read labels carefully before you ingest any food product.This is not egg allergy, as Egg allergies can cause life-threatening symptoms to form if you have a severe allergic reaction. If you develop hives, skin rashes, nasal congestion or asthma after you consume egg, then it is egg allergy.In your case, I am sure this is related with egg intolerance.Please see your doctor and discuss this issue with them. I hope this helps.If there’s more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know how I can be of further assistance.My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business
Expert:  Dr. Yogindra Vasavada replied 7 months ago.
Hello, With your condition of lactose intolerance, you can use external lactase enzyme with dairy products and digest this sugar normally. Same way with egg indigestion, please use external enzyme papaine or similar for protein digestion when you wish to relish egg. If no diarrhea or abdominal pain, you can just disregard gassy feeling.I got this question locked first, but above imposter expert hacked the lock on question dishonestly, so you have option of rating positively in this my window to reward the genuine expert.With advances in hacking, the website like this gets such problem.