Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Physcian
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine

My question is 6 year old nephew he just got back

Customer Question

Hi! My question is for my 6 year old nephew he just got back his blood work and doc cant see him until tues. What is concerning me is his red blood cell count 6.10 , HGB is 15.9, HCT 48.1, PLT 451 , Neut 53.3, mono 15.5, alk phos 237, Creatine 0.5. He is nauseous daily all foods make him sick.
Category: Pediatrics
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Is there any possible illness that comes to mind or concerns? Best regards sarah
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 6 months ago.
Thank you for your question.Since how long is he having nausea?Does he have any other medical problems?Is he on any medications for anything at the moment?Please let me know.
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 5 months ago.
I am looking forward to your response.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
6months on and off throwing up. He has asthma takes as needed polmacore, prednisololone, albuterol . He also gets weekly allergy shots. Montelukast is taken as needed. Promethazine for nausea as needed.
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 5 months ago.
Your main concern was regarding the red cell count and the medication that he is on in the form of prednisolone in itself can cause a high red cell count which is the most likely reason for his high count. The nausea may be also be due to prednisolone that he is on.Prednisolone also causes a low lymphocyte count and a low eosinophil count as well. So, if he happens to have that, that would also be drug induced.This session is open for any further questions that you may have.I would appreciate it if you rate me by clicking on one of the rating options at your end on the top right hand corner, as that is the only way I am credited on here for helping you out.Kindest regards