Dr. Yogindra Vasavada
Dr. Yogindra Vasavada, Pediatrician
Experience:  M.D.(ped) passed at first attempt, in practice continuously for last 37 years. Certi. in Comp
16481530

My son has just turned four and our doctor has been annually

Customer Question

my son has just turned four and our doctor has been annually palpitating his testis down into his scrotum. I was under the impression that by one year of age he should have had surgery for undecended testicles. So I switched doctors and our newest pediatrician had the same recommendation. She did order an ultrasound to make sure those were what she felt. She did send me a letter that stated follow up was needed to make sure his testis could be brought down but that is when custody was switched to his father and I have not been able to take him back.
The new doctor and urologist that his father has taken him to has been lied to by his father and stepmother saying that he has been neglected for undecended testies and never provided his previous treatment or the doctors name. This information was also withheld from me till a couple weeks ago. Is it possible for you to look ober both doctors notes and give an opinion as to what our best move forward would be? And can you provide a letter of recommendation?
Category: Pediatrics
Expert:  Dr. Yogindra Vasavada replied 7 months ago.
Hi, This site can advise only and no certification possible or valid. If ultrasound shows testes outside abdomen, no surgery needed. Putting both testes surgically involves microsurgery to connect arteries too and is cumbersome. Please add reports as photo by using paper-clip like icon.