Dr. Su S.
Dr. Su S., Pediatrician
Experience:  20 years of experience in treating children.
9324755

MY 8 year old son is complaining of groin pain on his left

Customer Question

MY 8 year old son is complaining of groin pain on his left side. It is affecting his ability to do sports, get in and out the car, the pain has been significant for the last 8 days? Is it anything to worry about?
Category: Pediatrics
Expert:  Dr. Su S. replied 7 months ago.
Greetings,Thank you for your question. I am Dr. Su S. and I will try my best to help you.Is there any swelling, redness, tenderness?Did he have any injury?Did he take any medicine?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No nothing has complained about it for approx 2 weeks
Thank you for the input.Pain in the groin can be due to muscle pull or strain.The children are busy with playing.Injury can be possible which he may not be aware of.Arthritis can occur in young children.Motrin can be given to reduce the pain and inflammation.Tell him to take rest as much as possible.As the pain is significant for the last 8 days, I feel you should take him to doctor.If it is needed doctor can taken scan/MRI/ X-ray.I hope this information will be helpful.If you have any query, please feel free to ask.If you are happy with my answer please click on the Excellent/Good rating.Wish him healthy life.Regards.