Michael Salama
Michael Salama,
Experience:  Medical director at San Miguel Medical Clinic

What is the best strategy to fightor prevent schiophrania in

Customer Question

what is the best strategy to fightor prevent schiophrania in a child when both parents have it? Child is currently about 1 yr old
Category: Pediatrics
Expert:  Michael Salama replied 6 months ago.
Hello,Typically a child psychiatrist will be able to diagnose the child from their behaviors, conversations and report of others. However, in this age it may nearly be impossible. Some Laboratory tests include electroencephalogram and brain imaging scans to look for characteristic sings of schizophrenia. Additionally, chromosomal microarray can be used to see which conditions are affecting the child.Let me know if you have any other questions. If not, please don't forget to leave a positive rating as that's the only way I get credit for answering your question. Thank you.
Is there anything else I can help you with today?