Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Physcian
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

My little three year old boy has been complaining of feeling

Customer Question

My little three year old boy has been complaining of feeling cold for the past couple of weeks. He had a bad cough and sniffles about a month back and this does not seem to have completely cleared as he is still coughing and sniffling a bit. Should I be worried?
Category: Pediatrics
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 7 months ago.
Thank you for your question.In the vast majority of cases this is not something to worry about as this may indicate a mild allergy.As he grows older he should grow out of it.Not something that I would be concerned about too much.Let me know if you have more questions.Please rate me by clicking on one of the rating options at your end.Kindest regards
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
The fact that he complains of feeling cold indicates an allergy??
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 7 months ago.
Yes feeling cold could be indicative of allergy. Also the symptoms that he is still having some coughing also indicates that he is having allergies.If he has not been tested for allergies I would recommend having a blood test called RAST done along with IgE levels.Let me know if you have more questions.Please rate me by clicking on one of the rating options at your end.Kindest regards
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 7 months ago.
This session is open for any number of further questions.I would appreciate a rating by clicking on one of the stars as that is the only way I am credited on here for helping you out.Regards