Dr. Yogindra Vasavada
Dr. Yogindra Vasavada, Pediatrician
Experience:  M.D.(ped) passed at first attempt, in practice continuously for last 37 years. Certi. in Comp
16481530

I recently noticed that my 8 year old daughter has a small

Customer Question

I recently noticed that my 8 year old daughter has a small patch of skin behind her ear that has much less pigment than the rest of her skin. Is this something that can expand to the skin condition where you get large patches of skin with no pigment? I don't know what that condition is called? How does it start?
Category: Pediatrics
Expert:  Dr. David replied 11 months ago.
This is Dr. Davidthis light patch could be a birth mark, or a mild tinea versicolor or could be vitiligocan you upload a clear jpg photo of the skin there?here are instructions.type a word in the textbox and highlight itthen select the "chain" icon above the textbox or the paper clip icon to upload a jpgthis opens a window where you can click next to the text box to select the jpg or pdf file on your computer to upload into JustAnswerhttp://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-0