khagihara
khagihara, Doctor (non-pediatrics specialty)
Experience:  Trained in multiple medical fields
20084961

4 y/o white mail, complaining of eye pain and hyper activity.

Customer Question

4 y/o white mail, complaining of eye pain and hyper activity. Referred to opthomologist for eye pain.
Viatimin B12 at 1868 - normal between 211 - 911 pg/ml.
CBC shows:
Neutrophil Low at 26.7 - normal between 37-65%
Lymphocyte High at 62.9 - normal between 27-57%
Absolute Neutrophil Count Low at 1.8 - normal between 2.2-9.8 K/uL
All other CBC and Comp Metobolic Panel within normal ranges
Nurse called and said it was normal, however, family doctor said more tests warranted. If you saw this, what would you do?
Category: Pediatrics
Expert:  khagihara replied 7 months ago.
Any change in his eye? Can you explain about his hyper activity?
Any other symptoms? Are you aware of anything which might have triggered it? Any medical problems? Any surgeries? Any medications including over-the-counter pills and herbs? Any family medical history?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Half brother has as perfects syndrome. Hyper activity is what I call normal for a 4 year old. He seems not to hear mom and dad when they tel him to sit down. He won't stay sitting down for long. He screams several times per day just to scream. He play rough with other children. His teachers say he won't sit still and listen for very long. He attends a pre school 3 hours per day 3 days per week.No surgeries, no medicine at all, no multi victims in more than 3 weeks and the. It was just a normal kid dose each day if we remembered.Saw ophthalmologist today. Eyes are normal. Needs glasses but no other issues. I can attach lab results if you like.
Please attach the lab result. Thanks.
as perfects syndrome means Asperger syndrome?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Correction - I am sor sorry. Half brother is actually adopted half brother. I dont think of him as adopted. Just toss that out.Lab results attached - 2 page PDF. Totally healthy, normal boy, no surgeries, a little hyper but that is it.
He seems to be normal according to your description. The lab result is not so significant. You don't need to worry about him. Reassured.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Just to verify, high B12 along with those other low and high results dont point to some sort of blood cancer, or at least the possibility of blood cancer? We went for hyper activity, but then the blood tests came back with those results, which was totally unrelated to the hyperactivity. I only mentioned the hyper activity because that was the reasone we went to the Dr along with the eye pain.
High B12 is not related to any diseases. It doesn't cause any problems. You don't need to worry about it. The Dr just worried the eye pain.