Dr. Yogindra Vasavada
Dr. Yogindra Vasavada, Pediatrician
Experience:  M.D.(ped) passed at first attempt, in practice continuously for last 37 years. Certi. in Comp

My 2-year-old son seems to be more plentiful of saliva than

Customer Question

my 2-year-old son seems to be more plentiful of saliva than other kids - would it be a concern? does it reflect the condition of certain organs like kidney? How can we do to mitigate the problem?
Category: Pediatrics
Expert:  Dr. David replied 6 months ago.
This is Dr. Davidusually excessive saliva in infants is not a problem and usually children grow out of this phase in a year or two as they begin to swallow better and handle their saliva production better.excessive saliva doesn't reflect problems with the kidneys or other internal organs.the most important thing is the child eating and sleeping and growing and developing properly. let me know if you have questions.
Expert:  Dr. Yogindra Vasavada replied 6 months ago.
Hi, please exclude any mouth issue like sore tongue or mucosa, sharp tooth edge etc.
Meanwhile application of glycerine may help. Atropine tablet can also keep saliva in check.