Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
41363181

My one year old has a mildly goopy eye that is slightly red.

Customer Question

My one year old has a mildly goopy eye that is slightly red. I believe it has to do with her hair poking her in the eye and perhaps getting an irritant in it. I have used saline eye drops and that has not cleared up the issue.
JA: Keeping an eye on your eyes' health is important - for most people vision is their most valued sense. Our Expert will help you with which sort of vision doctor you should visit. Anything else I can tell the Opthamologist before I connect you two?
Customer: I have an ear prescription for her (this bottle has never been open). Can I use Bausch +Lomb optic solution 0.3% in her eye?
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Opthamologist about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Pediatrics
Expert:  Dr. David replied 8 months ago.
This is Dr. Davidyour one year old could be having conjunctivitis viral or bacterial infection of the eye.I would bring your child to the doctors to check for conjunctivitis infection of the eyehe might need a course of antibiotic eye drops for the infection.I would not use ear drops in the eye.eye drops over the counter will not fight infection.do you have a hospital or ER where you can bring your 1 year old to get their eye checked?