Dr. Yogindra Vasavada
Dr. Yogindra Vasavada, Pediatrician
Experience:  M.D.(ped) passed at first attempt, in practice continuously for last 37 years. Certi. in Comp
16481530

I have a 3 month old baby and I found a lump underneath her

Customer Question

I have a 3 month old baby and I found a lump underneath her chin a few weeks ago. It is bruised and is very veiny. I was concerned so I called her doctor and brought her in. He kind of made me feel like I was overreacting for bringing her in and said it was just a bruise and that it would go away on it's own, but it hasn't. A week passed by and I noticed that the veins had gotten darker so I took her to a different pediatrician at an urgent care and he said that it is more than just a bruise and referred us to a dermatologist. Well, the soonest I could get her into a dermatologist is 3 weeks out so I scheduled the appointment, but I am still very worried so I would feel better if someone could just be honest with what they think this is. She is exclusively breastfed, has no fever, and has been gaining weight rather rapidly lately. She has more than doubled her birth weight and the past month she has been gaining about a pound a week which I also don't know if that is a good or bad thing. She has been acting herself(always happy).
Category: Pediatrics
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I also included a picture with this message.
Expert:  Dr. Yogindra Vasavada replied 10 months ago.

Hello This is an innocent skin blemish, caused by enlarged veins below skin. Please get just an echo test done when you see skin specialist. Mostly there is no pathology but very rarely some deep seated lesion similar to one seen, may accompany it deep underneath.

Good luck to her.