Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
41363181

I have a question on my son's mole

Customer Question

Hi I have a question on my son's mole
Category: Pediatrics
Expert:  dr abid replied 1 year ago.
Hi there ..Thank you for your question ...Please upload the picture ?Regards .
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I would like to to talk to a dermatologist, not pediatrics.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

We already saw a pediatritian - please redirect me to a dermatologist

Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
This is Dr. DavidI am a cancer doctor and have experience with moles and skin cancer.here are instructions on how to upload a clear jpg photo from a computer so I can help you review it.type a word in the textbox and highlight itthen select the "chain" icon above the textbox or the paper clip icon to upload a jpgthis opens a window where you can click next to the text box to select the jpg or pdf file on your computer to upload into JustAnswerhttp://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-0
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
This is Dr. Davidthanks for the photothere are some irregular coloring in the mole but the edges look softchances are it is benign.chances for it to be a malignant melanoma cancer are very very very small at his age.he is safe to wait 5 weeks to see a dermatologist.let me know if you have other questions.if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you todaywe only get credit for helping clients after positive feedbackyou can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questionshere is my website if you need to reach me again:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/Thanks for using JustAnswers.com
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Can you please take a look at more images. Can you zoom on them?

Also, if you think it is benign, can you pls let me know what type of mole you think it is.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Can you please take a look at more images? Can you zoom on them?

Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
yes, I can zoom on them.I can look at more images, but the computer is still not as good as a dermascope magnifier.yes, I told you already I think it is benign.it looks like a benign hyperpigmented nevus.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

i will send you another one in 10 mins. Thanks, ***** ***** feel better knowing that you looked at them from diff angles

Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
ok.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
yes, I see that same mole tehre.dark, some uneven hyperpegimentationmost likely still a hyperpigmented nevus.most likely not cancerouslet me know if you have other questions.if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you todaywe only get credit for helping clients after positive feedbackyou can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questionshere is my website if you need to reach me again:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/Thanks for using JustAnswers.com
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

his other ones are almost the same colour, but more flat

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

you did not even ask what size?

Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
the photos are very clearI can see hair follicles in the photo.I is most likely less than 1cm in size.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Its 2mm and there is a hair follicle in the middle of it

Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
these are additional signs that it is a benign mole. let me know if you have other questions.if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you todaywe only get credit for helping clients after positive feedbackyou can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questionshere is my website if you need to reach me again:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/Thanks for using JustAnswers.com