Anthony Bray MD
Anthony Bray MD, Family Practice Physician
Experience:  14 years Family Practice experience including inpatient and outpatient pediatric care.
13781349

Rafeeque my daughter is suffering nephrotic syndram
,

Customer Question

Customer: rafeeque my daughter is suffering nephrotic syndram
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: yes she is already 5th episode
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Pediatrics Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Pediatrics
Expert:  Anthony Bray MD replied 1 year ago.

Hello!

Nephrotic syndrome is of course a class of kidney disease.. this has several possible underlying causes.. Do you know what her CAUSE is ? (For example IgA nephropathy is one possible cause of this condition..)

What symptoms is she having currently? Is she retaining fluid and having swelling of her legs?

What is her age?

Is she ( I presume most probably she is..) seeing a nephrologist? (kidney specialist)

Is she having tea colored urine at this time ? ( that may be a sign of blood in the urine from kidney inflammation)

Has her renal function been checked recently with the combined blood test and 24 hour urine collection? (these are done to measure and follow her kidney strength .. we commonly use the term of creatinine clearance as a key measurement of kidney function.)

If she is having acute trouble this week .. worsening > then have her seen ASAP >> check daily weights and keep record..

I advise that you should call her nephrologist to update her doctor as to what changes are of concern and to plan follow up care for her.

I hope that this information is helpful for you. Let me know if you have further questions. I will e happy to get back with you. If my answer has been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback. Thank You and Best Regards,

Anthony Bray MD