Dr. Yogindra Vasavada
Dr. Yogindra Vasavada, Pediatrician
Experience:  M.D.(ped) passed at first attempt, in practice continuously for last 37 years. Certi. in Comp
16481530

My son is 9 years old autistic and is been having a very

Customer Question

Customer: My son is 9 years old autistic and is been having a very strong gassy smell. His diet is the same hasn't change. He takes probiotics once a day. I just noticed this for about 3-4 days but is not going away.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: That is basically what is worrying me the fact that he is very gassy and it has a very strong smell.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Pediatrics Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sure
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Pediatrics
Expert:  Dr. Yogindra Vasavada replied 1 year ago.

Hello.Sorry about this symptom. Major cause of smell in gas is undigested protein from food ingested. If he is not having diarrhea, nor losing weight, he is safe - still you could try giving him some enzyme drops containing protein breaking one, after one or two major meals, and see.

Good luck.