Dr. Yogindra Vasavada
Dr. Yogindra Vasavada, Pediatrician
Experience:  M.D.(ped) passed at first attempt, in practice continuously for last 37 years. Certi. in Comp
16481530

My son is 9 years old autistic and is been having a very

Customer Question

Customer: My son is 9 years old autistic and is been having a very strong gassy smell. His diet is the same hasn't change. He takes probiotics once a day. I just noticed this for about 3-4 days but is not going away.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: That is basically what is worrying me the fact that he is very gassy and it has a very strong smell.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Pediatrics Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sure
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Pediatrics
Expert:  Dr. Yogindra Vasavada replied 11 months ago.

Hello.Sorry about this symptom. Major cause of smell in gas is undigested protein from food ingested. If he is not having diarrhea, nor losing weight, he is safe - still you could try giving him some enzyme drops containing protein breaking one, after one or two major meals, and see.

Good luck.