Dr. Yogindra Vasavada
Dr. Yogindra Vasavada, Pediatrician
Experience:  M.D.(ped) passed at first attempt, in practice continuously for last 37 years. Certi. in Comp
16481530

My 4 month was prescribed to use beclomethasone inhaler days

Customer Question

Hi my 4 month was prescribed to use beclomethasone inhaler for 14 days and her cough seemed to be a lot better. But now because others in the house became sick the we noticed her cough came back. We also think it could be her teething. Anyway our question is can we keep using the beclomethasone inhaler for more than 14 days if she is still stuffy and coughing?
Category: Pediatrics
Expert:  khagihara replied 1 year ago.

Children with asthma use steroid inhaler. The long-term use is associated with deceleration of growth velocity. However short-term use like your child doesn't affect it. You may use it for your child.