Dr. Su S.
Dr. Su S., Pediatrician
Experience:  20 years of experience in treating children.
9324755

Iam so worried about my baby daughter she is 18 months old

Customer Question

Hello dr my name is ***** ***** so worried about my baby daughter she is 18 months old not walking yet she crawled at 11months she can stand walk into furniture and she can stand by her self she walked one or two steps and when she holds my hand she walks as well but she is so stubborn to walk with confidence by her self iam so worried I've got other children older than her one of them walked at 15months and other walked at 16-17months
Category: Pediatrics
Expert:  Dr. Su S. replied 11 months ago.

Greetings,

Thank you for your question.

I am Dr. Su S. and I will try my best to help you.

Usually walking starts around 1st birthday, but most babies walk by 18-20 months.

Some babies are late in milestone.

She can be lazy or fearful.

Encourage her to walk by holding hand.

Do not force, it can delay further.

You should not worry.

If she does not walk within 1-2 months, please get her examined by her pediatrician.

I hope this information will be helpful.

If you have any query, please feel free to ask.

If you are happy with my answer please click on the Excellent/Good rating.

Wish her healthy life.

Regards.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi dr thanks a lot for your reply I was the career of the family day care now and I've asked her how is she going regarding her walking she said to me that she walked two steps but may be she thought it is fun to crawl or easier ,regarding her milestone she got her first tooth between 8-9 months sitting without support at 9 months crawling at 11month regarding talking she said Mamma and dadda and she is saying sentences but obviously the words not clear yet but you feel that she communicate with you or telling you a story especially if you answer her back she continues talking her baby language so regarding talking I found that she is v good socially she understands and she revenje back if someone annoys her,she was not full term baby only 1 week earlier because placenta was not delivering enough nutrients and we have done ultrasound for the hips and all was normal because she was a breach baby that is why the dr has asked for hips ultrasound and it is normal

Her other milestones are also delayed.

This is normal according to her other milestones.

Suddenly you will see that she is walking alone.

You should not worry.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi dr just letting you know that my daughter started walking yesterday

I was offline when you replied.

It is the good news for the new year.

Best wishes.