Dr. Leah
Dr. Leah, Board Certified Pediatrician
Experience:  9 years of practice in Pediatrics
20280540

I was pricked from a safety pin i purchased in cvs i bled

Customer Question

i was pricked from a safety pin i purchased in cvs i bled any hiv hepatitis ,b ,c risk
Category: Pediatrics
Expert:  Dr. Leah replied 11 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your question.

It is highly unlikely that you would contract HIV, hepatitis or any other infection from the safety pin you purchased. I'm sure the pin was in a sealed package which would prevent contamination from any such infectious agent. HIV and hepatitis infections are only transmitted by contact with infected body fluids such as semen and blood. Since you had no contact with these via the safety pin, you are fine.

If you have further questions when you return online, feel free to ask.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
i was cut accidentally by a scissors i bought in cvc a few month ago and i bled any hiv hep b,c risk
Expert:  Dr. Leah replied 10 months ago.

Hello. There is no concern for acquiring HIV or hepatitis infection from the scissors you purchased, even if they were not in a sealed package. Such infections are only transmitted by direct contact with body fluids such as blood, semen, etc. It would be highly unlikely that such fluid would be on the scissors. No blood tests are needed from what you have described.

Rest assured and I wish you the best!