wieyedoc
wieyedoc,
48069651

My daughter has a congenital nevi. We get it checked ever 12

Customer Question

My daughter has a congenital nevi. We get it checked ever 12 to 18 months. But it has always looked un-uniform...that is why I had it looked at to begin with. It's about the size of a pencil eraser. Why does it not follow the abc rules? Our dermatologist
never explained that to us and I was just curious.
Category: Pediatrics
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 11 months ago.

Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.

Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with additional services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.

Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

Unfortunately, in all to many cases, Life does not follow the rules laid out in medical textbooks.....

That is why Doctors were invented ;)

If you are concerned about this nevi I would suggest you have an excisional biopsy done. This way you will know exactly what it is and it will be gone completely.

Does this make sense to you?

Don't forget to mash the positive feedback button for me...the one labeled "excellent" is the most fun to push by far ;)

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.

Dr. Rick MD FACS