Dr. Yogindra Vasavada
Dr. Yogindra Vasavada, Pediatrician
Experience:  M.D.(ped) passed at first attempt, in practice continuously for last 37 years. Certi. in Comp
16481530

Please, U.S. licensed pediatricians only. My little boy will

Customer Question

Please, U.S. licensed pediatricians only. My little boy will be 6-years old in February and has started soiling his pants over the past few weeks. He has always had some bowel issues. When he was less than 1-year old, he became impacted. I took him to the pediatrician because he was screaming and fussy, but it went unrecognized. Later when I got him home, I realized the problem. That has happened a couple of time over the past few years, but I thought that we had gotten past that. Additionally, about a year or so ago, he began having accidents, but that also stopped for quite some time. Now suddenly he is having accidents again. It occurred over about 8 times today. I am trying to be patient and understanding, but he literally grunts and then I ask him if he just went to the bathroom. Sometimes he has lied to me. He does become very engrossed in activities, so I don't know whether it is encopresis or just unwillingness to separate himself from his current activity to go to the bathroom. I am also concerned because I am homeschooling him during his kindergarten year. The school system in our area is less than desirable and I was second on the wait list for a private school, so I decided to home school him. It hasn't gone as ideally as planned. I am primarily an online instructor and his dad and I have arranged our schedules so that one of us could be home with him. In retrospect, I regret the decision and feel that he would have been better off in school. However, I am also concerned about putting him in school at this point and traumatizing him because he has had an accident in front of school mates. I am going to make an appointment with the pediatrician, but will greatly appreciate any suggestions in the mean time.
Category: Pediatrics
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Cancel the question. He is holding is holding it because he is afraid of having another painful bowel movement due to constipation. Will go to express care. Please refund the money.
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 1 year ago.

Can I help?

you sure you don't need help?

just click send to reply