Dr. Su S.
Dr. Su S., Pediatrician
Experience:  20 years of experience in treating children.
9324755

I have a 19 month old daughter. On Tuesday night, she has

Customer Question

I have a 19 month old daughter. On Tuesday night, she has developed a bit of a fever, 100.7 and it was still present on Wednesday morning. This was accompanied by a cough that had been present since that Sunday. When I took her in they said her lungs were
clean, ears were fine. The throat was a little red but the doctor said that was likely due to nasal drainage. He told me it was most likely viral and to just keep an eye on it. On Thursday the fever was gone so I sent her to daycare, and she was fine on Thursday
and Friday. Today however, she has been extremely clingy. We cannot set her down or she breaks down into a terrible crying fit. (She has never done or acted like this before) She has a slight fever. 99.4 but nothing else that I can see. She is not eating well,
and won’t eat if we put her in her high chair. We have to hold her in our laps to get her to eat, and eve then it is not much. Is this something serious that we need to take her in for now? The only option for the weekend is the ER. Can it wait until Monday?
What can we do, if anything, to make her feel better?
Category: Pediatrics
Expert:  Dr. Su S. replied 12 months ago.

Greetings,
Thank you for your question.
I am Dr. Su S. and I will try my best to help you.

How is cough now?

How is urine output?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Cough is still present. Urine output is lower than normal, but only by about 1 wet diaper less than normal at this time.
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
She has calmed down a little.

Thank you for the input.
In viral illness, fatigue, weakness, dehydration are very common.
Children can be clingy.
Lethargy can come from dehydration.
Try to pursue her to take more fluid.
If the temperature persists or increases, urine output and appetite do not improve, I would recommend to take her to doctor again.
Doctor can take tests to check for bacterial infection.
I hope this information will be helpful.
If you have any query, please feel free to ask.
Wish her early recovery.
Regards.