Dr. Yogindra Vasavada
Dr. Yogindra Vasavada, Pediatrician
Experience:  M.D.(ped) passed at first attempt, in practice continuously for last 37 years. Certi. in Comp
16481530

I am a mom of a 3 yr old who is doing fine and is in full

Customer Question

Hello, I am a mom of a 3 yr old who is doing fine and is in full time daycare. I have a few concerns about some medical issues that I had as a child and was wondering if I should get him tested. When I was in the second grade, I developed chronic blushing which led me to severe anxiety and depression. I have an overactive nervous system - root cause. Is there a way to detect this in children by some sort of output test? It was so debilitating for me that I am already looking up ETS surgery.
Category: Pediatrics
Expert:  khagihara replied 1 year ago.

Are you still suffering form chronic blushing? What is the diagnosis of your disorder? What treatment did you had?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I recovered, but mainly by avoidance strategies and school dropouts. Have you heard of ets surgery? Am looking into that if it occurs with him
Expert:  khagihara replied 1 year ago.

Is it emotional flushing?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No. Stimuli. What type of nervous system tests are available, specifically for symphatic nerve overreaction?
Expert:  khagihara replied 1 year ago.

What triggered the flushing?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Attention at first, then facial sweating and acne occured.
Expert:  khagihara replied 12 months ago.

There are no physical tests. You should keep a diary of flushing reactions for two weeks, recording associations with emotional stress. So you should observe him carefully. If he develops flushing or blessing, the following treatment could help him. Flushing or blushing may respond to the use of a non-selective beta blocker, particularly when associated with other sympathetic nervous system features such as tachycardia, palpitations, and dry mouth. Use of cosmetics with a green tint which can offset the redness. Botulinum toxin A (Botox) has been used with success to treat neck and anterior chest wall flushing. Endoscopic transthoracic sympathectomy has been reported to have short-term effectiveness for severe cases of flushing associated with social phobia. However, the potential side effects of such procedures must be weighed against possible benefits. They are last resort.