Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
41363181

Im looking on my 10 week year old daughter. 6 weeks now, my

Customer Question

Hi there, im looking for advice on my 10 week year old daughter. For about 6 weeks now, my daughter just won't settle during the day. She will go down after her bath at 7 30-8 till 7 in the morning. But during the day she just won't settle. Her first feed in the morning will go down fine then the rest of the day is a constant battle. She is slavering a lot and eating her hands then lets out a mighty cry and you have to console her. She is starting to take her feeds on and off and can take over an hour for her to take a proper feed. This is in between her crying. The only time she will settle and have a proper sleep during the day is if she is in her car seat out and about or in her pram out and about. Other than this she just cries on and off the whole day. She straightens her back during feeds swell and then starts refusing them. Ive tried infacol for weeks now but nothing is changing. I took her to NHS last week and i now have changed her milk as they say colic but this hasn't changed anything either. Yesterday i took her to doctors and they say it might be constipation, but after more than one bowel movement a day that is a soft consistency she still doesn't settle. Could you advise anything i could do? Could it be silent reflux? Or could it be teething? Many thanks leeanne Crawford
Category: Pediatrics
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. David

you can feel her gums and see if she is starting to teeth, but most likely it is too early for that.

he could be colic. breast milk is always best.

you can try a pacifier for her to suck on and see if that helps.

also a rocker or swing during the day can help her nap a bit better if movement sooths her

we had our little one in the swing all night for him to sleep through the night.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/BCG33-Mattel-Fisher-Price-rainforest-design/dp/B00FBWNN2Y/ref=sr_1_6?s=baby&ie=UTF8&qid=1449002553&sr=1-6&keywords=fisher+price+swing

let me know if you have questions.