Dr. Yogindra Vasavada
Dr. Yogindra Vasavada, Pediatrician
Experience:  M.D.(ped) passed at first attempt, in practice continuously for last 37 years. Certi. in Comp
16481530

My nine months old has very sensitive skin, I mean very she

Customer Question

My nine months old has very sensitive skin, I mean very she gets rush on her neck and chin all the time also on her belly (the place where her diaper is ) red spots. After trying all the possible products (I also thought that she had egzma but I quickly
realized that this is not the case because after applying Egzma cream Aveeno around her neck I had to take her to the doctor because it did go t worse. I was told to apply Hydrocortizone 2.5% which I did and all went away but I can't stick with that for a
long time. I tried all the products, I am washing her in a water only no soap no lotion ....I started to apply potato flour and seems like it stays the same but it is not getting worse. Also it is possible that she is allergic for Chlorine ? I think chlorine
is added to everything nowadays. Will you please tell me what else I can use to wash her in? At some point I have to use something on her skin. I am sure that there is something I can buy or request a prescription from the doctor? Please let me know
Category: Pediatrics
Expert:  khagihara replied 1 year ago.

Can you attach the photos here?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Here you go
Expert:  khagihara replied 1 year ago.

They seem to be heat rash. Avoid exposure to the heat. Bathe or shower in cool water with nondrying soap, then let your skin air-dry instead of toweling off. Use calamine lotion or cool compresses to calm itchy, irritated skin. Try to use anhydrous lanolin, which may help prevent duct blockage and stop new lesions from forming. If they don'w work, use 1% hydrocortisone cream. But you should not use it for a long time.