Dr. Yogindra Vasavada
Dr. Yogindra Vasavada, Pediatrician
Experience:  M.D.(ped) passed at first attempt, in practice continuously for last 37 years. Certi. in Comp
16481530

I would like to be able to cite a source to the parents of

Customer Question

I would like to be able to cite a source to the parents of my grandchildren. They put my 3 and a half year old grandson in the back yard hot tub. I have read this is not safe but cannot find a good site saying this on the internet right now. Please do
you know of a site on the internet that says hot tubs are bad for those under 5 years old. Thank you.
Category: Pediatrics
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would like to be able to cite a source to the parents of my grandchildren. They put my 3 and a half year old grandson in the back yard hot tub. I have read this is not safe but cannot find a good site saying this on the internet right now. Please do you know of a site on the internet that says hot tubs are bad for those under 5 years old. Thank you.
Expert:  Dr. Yogindra Vasavada replied 1 year ago.

Hello, Sorry about this issue. All sites recommend that there should be very modern fittings in such tubs for babies like kid-proof taps, temperature sensors etc and a back-yard tub will not have these. Please quote this site :

http://raisingchildren.net.au/articles/safe_water_temperature.html