Dr. C.
Dr. C., Board Certified
Experience:  Physician with 30 years of experience.
54412793

My wife noticed today when putting our 4 month old in the

Customer Question

Hi
My wife noticed today when putting our 4 month old in the bath that a couple of her hairs were tightly wrapped around a couple of his toes. One toe didn't seem to bad but the other toe looked very red and swollen.
I removed the hair and we said we would just check on it every couple hours. It was about 6 hours ago and I had expected the toe to look different but it still looks the same and the line where the the hair was is still so deep you would almost think there is still down thing wrapped around it.
i would send a photo if I could
I don't know whether to be concerned and have him seen urgently or whether it's just going to take a little longer for the toe to look a bit better but that the blood circulation etc is fine.
Category: Pediatrics
Expert:  Dr. C. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, It's Dr. C. Board certified physician. I can help you today.

I'm sorry to hear about this trouble with your son. Six hours is a long time to have the toe still red. But if it's warm to touch then the circulation and nerves aren't likely to have been damaged.

If you have an established primary care doctor or pediatrician, it would be worth a call just to get some guidelines and heads up that he may need to be seen tomorrow if things don't improve overnight. If the toe looks worse over time, he certainly should be seen urgently.

Please reply if I can clarify anything or add details. I hope he is better very soon and no urgent appointment is needed.

Expert:  Dr. C. replied 1 year ago.

There is an icon on your screen that allows you to attach a picture file if you can. That would be helpful. Thanks and let me know if you need anything else.