Dr. Frank
Dr. Frank, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Neurologist/Internist with academic and clinical experience.
64994909

My 4 year old daughter last Monday night she is going to bad

Customer Question

My 4 year old daughter last Monday night she is going to bad and after 1 hour later she feel like throw up something and after she is pass out for 10 min..and her teeth was chewable..her CT scan is normal but EEG report is positive so I am wondering for
tht is kind of serious sezour she has??
Category: Pediatrics
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 1 year ago.

Any other medical issues?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Whr is my answer??
Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

Hello. This is Dr. Frank again, I answered your question about the EEG. Now I see this question. Her EEG is consistent with a seizure that occurred from the right hemisphere (complex partial seizure), although there is no epileptiform type activity to suggest specifically a seizure. The record was taken during sleep. Please get back to me to discuss. Dr Frank

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
is it happen bcos she has UTI Infection..or something else?? How dr..treat for that..
Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

ques if If she had a uti then she could have had a febrile seizure. With no previous history of seizures and no family history of seizures (?) you would just treat the uti with antibiotics. The EEG is nonspecific as mentioned. It could be abnormal from her having had the seizure alone. Treat the uti. She may need an MRI of brain if she doesn't act appropriately after treatment for the uti. Ok? Ask

Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

Questions and I will respond. Dr Frank