Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor (non-pediatrics specialty)
Experience:  MBBS. FCPS (R) General Surgery and Traumatology.5 years experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

My son is 3.5 years old. He's had an upset stomach days,

Customer Question

My son is 3.5 years old. He's had an upset stomach for 2 days, running a low body temperature (96.5) but is slightly pale in color but continues to perspire. His HR approaches 90 BPM and breathing rate is normal until such time as he feels uncomfortable, the increases for a few seconds.
Given the absence of a a fever, and the fact that he continues to take fluids and some food, the symptoms are confusing. IS there something that I need to pay particular attention to? That would indicate something more critical than a flu like episode?
Category: Pediatrics
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.

Hi and thanks for the query.

Yes, you need to be on a look out for signs of dehydration. More than four to six episodes of watery diarrhea and/or more than four episodes of vomiting can cause dehydration. The signs are confusion, dry mouth, thirst, decreased turgor of skin, shortness of breath, lethargy, increase pulse rate. These signs may or may not be present at the same time however, if three or more are present simultaneously you should take him to an urgent care or N ER for evaluation and IV fluids/re hydration.

Please do leave a positive rating by clicking on stars on top right corner.

Wish you good health.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.

Let me know if you have further questions.