hintonrae
hintonrae,
24745391

My granddaughter is healthy born May 5, so is about 4-5

Customer Question

My granddaughter is healthy born May 5, so is about 4-5 months old.
She weighted 7lbs 6 oz.
She is always fussy and drooling.
When will this get better? She looks uncomfortable except when being distracted.
She weighs over 16lbs now.
She is teething? W
How much should we feed her milk and how often? She is chubby but that is normal.
How many naps during day? Most nights she sleeps through.
Category: Pediatrics
Expert:  hintonrae replied 1 year ago.

Hi, there! It sounds like you have a very healthy, normal granddaughter, except perhaps a bit colicky. The drooling is unfortunately just a normal baby thing--they will drool pretty constantly while they teeth, which seems to be always until all of their teeth come in. The fussing--this is hard to gauge without a little extra information. When you say that she fusses a fair amount unless you walk her around, that makes me think colic. I have a four year-old who struggled with colic for around 5 and a half months, so I feel like I could almost write a book on that...I hate for any parent or grandparent (or baby!) to go through it. Could I share a link of some symptoms with you and see if it seems to resemble your granddaughter?

Expert:  hintonrae replied 1 year ago.

Here you are...take a look at the signs and see if this is similar: http://www.webmd.com/parenting/baby/colic-symptoms