Dr. Yogindra Vasavada
Dr. Yogindra Vasavada, Pediatrician
Experience:  M.D.(ped) passed at first attempt, in practice continuously for last 37 years. Certi. in Comp
16481530

Yikes! My granddaughter who is 13 and her brother who is 15

Customer Question

Yikes! My granddaughter who is 13 and her brother who is 15 (we did not know about him until this February) just met one another last week. We were all together for 5 days and they hit it off very well and we are all delighted that he is now part of our family as is he. He lives in the same town as I do and we see each other several times a week now. His sister lives in another state. The problem is that they are texting each other and the texts sound more like boyfriend/girlfriend than brother and sister. How do we handle this??
Category: Pediatrics
Expert:  Dr. Yogindra Vasavada replied 1 year ago.

Hello, You are not supposed to check his or her cell phones. Please give them privacy they deserve and let them handle this their own way, after giving a strong hint about appropriate relationship and society concern.