Dr. Yogindra Vasavada
Dr. Yogindra Vasavada, Pediatrician
Experience:  M.D.(ped) passed at first attempt, in practice continuously for last 37 years. Certi. in Comp
16481530

Baby girl is almost 3 months old and she has acid reflux and

Customer Question

Baby girl is almost 3 months old and she has acid reflux and is on Zantac 1ml twice a day in addition I give her gas drops 0.3 ml after bottles she is formula fed only and she eats every three hours 4oz. For the past week she has been screaming during and/or after feedings and going straight as a board. She's also not napping at daycare very well she will sleep for 10-25 mins and then wake up screaming. She has a bowel movement of a army green color and yogurt consistency every day or other day but she's been having blow outs and major gas despite the use of gas drops. Could this all be from gas and/or acid reflux or something else?
Category: Pediatrics
Expert:  Dr. Su S. replied 1 year ago.
Greetings,Thank you for your question. I am Dr. Su S. and I will try my best to help you.The symptoms may not be due to reflux.She is taking medicines for it.Stool color does not seem normal.There can be other issues like an infection.I would advise to get her an examination by her doctor.A stool test can be taken.I hope this information will be helpful.If you have any query, please feel free to ask.If you are happy with my answer please click on the Excellent/Good rating. Wish her healthy life.Regards.