DrThomasMD
DrThomasMD, Board certified general medicine
Experience:  Treat babies to elderly with medical and integrative therapies; all situations; innovative treatment
24257177

I have a 3 year old whom during the day has no problem going

Customer Question

I have a 3 year old whom during the day has no problem going to the bathroom. During the night time she does not wake up to go pee and wakes up wet just about every morning. I'm divorced and my ex does not believe in using pull-ups, and get very upset when i do use them, she states that is causes her to go "backwards" in her potty training. I have tried to get her up to pee during prior to me going to bed and most of the time she does pee but then still wakes up in the morning wet.
Am I wrong to use the pull-ups?
Is not bad for my daughters psychology to wake up wet just about every morning?
Category: Pediatrics
Expert:  DrThomasMD replied 1 year ago.
HelloNo you are not wrongThey should be used temporarily, and then weaned, and sometimes in fact, as long as she understand the purpose, they can give confidence.I would talk to her doctor as well: this is probably normal for her, but she needs that assessment. OK, so that is an initial answer….Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.