Dr. Su S.
Dr. Su S., Pediatrician
Experience:  20 years of experience in treating children.
9324755

7 year old son screaming with severe anal pain

Customer Question

Category: Pediatrics
Expert:  Dr. Su S. replied 1 year ago.
Since when is he having the pain? Is it constant?How is his bowel habit? When did he pass stool last?Is there any blood in it?Did you give any medicine?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The pain just started and woke him up. He said he has had a bowel movement today. Nothing is really visible. He is screaming in pain. Thank yiu. I have Vaseline, baby powder, lotto min, prep h, and kids Tylenol
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I haven't tried medicine yet
Expert:  Dr. Su S. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the input.The severe pain can be due to benign spasm of the anorectal muscles. It can be due to fissure. Worm can cause it. There can be an infection or inflammation too.You can apply Preparation H. This would relieve the pain. You can make him sit in warm water tub. This will relax muscle.Motrin or Tylenol can be given too.If the pain persists, you should take him to pediatrician or hospital.I hope this information will be helpful.If you have any query, please feel free to ask.If you are happy with my answer please click on the Excellent/Good rating. Wish his healthy life.Regards.