Dr. Yogindra Vasavada
Dr. Yogindra Vasavada, Pediatrician
Experience:  M.D.(ped) passed at first attempt, in practice continuously for last 37 years. Certi. in Comp
16481530

My 3 years old daughter got 3 stones in her kidney , one of

Customer Question

my 3 years old daughter got 3 stones in her kidney , one of these stone in upper lobe of the kidney and the other on the lower lobe of the kidney , please advise the way to treat this case ? can we do fragmentation of the stones by Laser ?
Category: Pediatrics
Expert:  Dr. Yogindra Vasavada replied 1 year ago.
Hello, Sorry about this problem. Yes, special shock-wave stone crushing technic (Lithotripsy) is available for painless procedure.
Laser treatment requires a laser probe to be passed from outside up through urine ducts. That may not be feasible for multiple sites.
The Urosurgeon dealing in pediatric patients is best qualified to decide about the type of procedure.