Dr. Yogindra Vasavada
Dr. Yogindra Vasavada, Pediatrician
Experience:  M.D.(ped) passed at first attempt, in practice continuously for last 37 years. Certi. in Comp
16481530

My son had some swollen lymph nodes in the back of his head

Customer Question

My son had some swollen lymph nodes in the back of his head and in his neck 6 months ago, the dr said it was because he was sick. Now he hasn't been sick since then and I just found 4 more in his groin. What can be causing this?
Category: Pediatrics
Expert:  Dr. Su S. replied 1 year ago.
Greetings,
Thank you for your question.
I am Dr. Su S. and I will try my best to help you.
How large are they?
When did you notice them?
How old is he?
Was there any sore in leg, thigh or near to them?
Expert:  Miel-cssm replied 1 year ago.
We received your customer service inquiry, however, we are unable to respond to you because we do not have your email address. Please contact customer support at***@******.*** and provide us with your email address and a link to this question page so that we can help you. (http://www.justanswer.com/pediatrics/96ma7-son-swollen-lymph-nodes-back-head.html#re.v/173/). Thank you, ***** ***** Customer Support Team.
Expert:  Dr. Yogindra Vasavada replied 1 year ago.
Hello, Sorry about this issue. If the nodes are visible, painful to touch and growing in size, you need to get his evaluation and tests done. Sometimes due to minor skin infections, nodes of the area drained by lymph vessels get enlarged and then remain so even when infection is cured. They are not harmful but ones still continuing to get larger need to be biopsied.