Dr. Yogindra Vasavada
Dr. Yogindra Vasavada, Pediatrician
Experience:  M.D.(ped) passed at first attempt, in practice continuously for last 37 years. Certi. in Comp
16481530

I would love a second opinion on a recent question I

Customer Question

Hello, I would love a second opinion on a recent question I posted: My son is 8.5 months old. He is used to be surrounded by a lot of people ever since he was born - my mother lives with us and takes care of him while my husband and I are at work, and
his other grandma has him one day a week, and he see's his aunt and uncle once a week. What concerns me is that even tough he has abounded anxiety when we leave the room, he doesn't have a real strangers anxiety and is usually nice to everyone he meets (except
for a few situations when he cried, or didn't smile to strangers, but it is very rare). He will let most people peek him up if we are near, but he response differently to us - for example, when I take him to my mother in law once a week he will smile at her
and let her pick him up, but when I come back to take him home and he see's me he will jump and get very much excited to see me. He loves attention and always bubbles and laughs, he says "daddy" since he was 5 months old, and he always tries to get everyone's
attention and if he has to play alone, he will look to see if we are near, and if aren't he will cry. So is it ok that he is friendly to most people at this age? Thanks
Category: Pediatrics
Expert:  Dr. Yogindra Vasavada replied 1 year ago.
Hello, It is quite natural for his age not to be afraid of strangers. The negativism and mother or parent-fixation may occur in second year, when he may show resentment when you leave him with other elder. Most toddlers below one year age are happy when their basic needs like food and toys are met.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you very much!
I also think it is normal and that he is just friendly, but my pediatrician said that it is very good that he doesnt want to be left alone, and that even if it is lovely that he so social, he would expect him to be affraid of him (his doctor).
You are welcome.He will hate the doctor later, when he remembers about shots given.