Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor (non-pediatrics specialty)
Experience:  Fellow of College of Physicians and Surgeons
28983357

My 11 and a half year old daughter has a bump on the side

Customer Question

Hi my 11 and a half year old daughter has a bump on the side of her shin? She said it's been there for like 3 weeks! She said it doesn't hurt and I can move it around?
Category: Pediatrics
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Thanks for your question. I'm Dr. Hasan and I'll try to help you. How big is that lump? Is it soft or hard? Does it gets compressed on pressing? Does it tends to slip when you hold it between your fingers? Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
About a quarter size ,doesn't slip, felt hard to me! Doesn't get compressed
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.
Thanks a lot for your input. I am sorry to hear about your problem. I am going to address your primary concern but later you can ask anything you want. As per your description, there are two main possibilities. This lump can be lipoma (collection of fatty tissue) or less likely it can be sabecous cyst. You don't need to stress yourself. She should see a doctor and they can get it out surgically and can send the sample for histopatholoy. I reassure you that if you are worried about anything serious, you don't have to because nothing serious is likely at her age and with just too short history. I wish her good luck and that she gets well soon. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always. Regards