Dr. Ficus, MD
Dr. Ficus, MD, Pediatrician
Experience:  17 years in private practice in the U.S.
45319925

My 8 year old son was forced by his 11 year old step-brother

Customer Question

My 8 year old son was forced by his 11 year old step-brother to do homo-sexual acts. We were suspicious of the 11 year olds sexual preference but never expected his younger brother to be an issue. Should we be concerned for either of them in the future or consider this simply "curiousity"
Category: Pediatrics
Expert:  Dr. Ficus, MD replied 1 year ago.
I'm so sorry you've had this trouble with your boys. Yes, it's extremely important to address the issue. It's not typical of any 11yr old boy to request any kind of sex act (homosexual or otherwise) unless he has a prior history of being a victim of sexual abuse himself. It's important to have both children evaluated by a child psychologist in your area who specializes in sexual abuse. It's also very important for the health and safety of your son that the 11yo not have any unsupervised time with him. That means they no longer share a room (it may be best to have the younger child on the floor of your room if there's nowhere else to have him sleep and ensure the 11yr old does not have access to him.
I hope this helps and wish you luck in getting these boys the assistance they need.